PADI IDC Staff Instructor Course
- Participant-Only for Classes Must be at least 18 years old
Shape The next Generation of PADI Professionals
This course provides you with in-depth knowledge of the instructor development process, and prepares you to shape the next generation of PADI Professionals.
PADI IDC staff instructors are PADI instructors moving toward instructor-level training, or teaching the Instructor Development Course (IDC). IDC staff instructors can independently train and certify PADI Assistant Instructors, as well as help to train PADI Open Water Scuba Instructors.
The PADI IDC staff instructor program is designed to provide PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainers (MSDT) with the additional training necessary to staff PADI instructor development programs. This program builds upon your experience and abilities as a dive educator, while concentrating on developing evaluation and counseling skills.
Through independent study, classroom sessions, guided evaluation training and an internship, you will learn to teach the PADI assistant instructor program and assist with instructor development programs.
The staff instructor course consists of the following: 1-2 days theory & practical learning with the course director, learning the evaluation process, and perfecting teaching skills. The candidate will then sit in on an entire IDC, evaluating students alongside the Squalo Diver Course Director.
A qualified IDC staff instructor is certified to teach PADI Assistant Instructor Course and assist in instructor-level training. Topics covered are the same as an IDC, plus additional training in knowledge development, confined water and open water evaluations. Personal skills are also brought up to IDC demonstration quality.
- PADI Instructor teaching status for the current year.
- PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer.
- Emergency First Response Instructor.
- Agree to conduct all levels of diver training consistent with the standards and philosophy outlined in the PADI Instructor Manual and the PADI Guide to Teaching.
- Agree to use the PADI System and its components in their entirety.
The course fee is per person and includes:
- All instruction
- Course materials and IDCSI Crew Pack
- Facility fees
Students are responsible for supplying all of the equipment listed.
- Scuba mask, scuba snorkel, scuba fins
- Dive Computer
- Submersible Pressure Gauge
- Adequate exposure protection
- Underwater compass
- Audible surface signal
- Surface signal (safety tube)
- Cutting tool
- Bathing suit and towel
- All items are available for purchase at Squalo Divers.