If you want to train your student divers to the highest non-professional recreational level in the PADI system, elevate your skill set to PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer.
- Starting From:
- Participants Must be at least 18 years old
Refine Your Passion for Leadership
Assistant Instructor training is the next-to-final step in the process of becoming a fully certified Open Water Scuba Instructor. Learn the fundamentals of putting together academic, confined water and open water teaching presentations. This course is all-inclusive.
Upon successful completion of this program, you are ready to enter the final Instructor training phase.
Assistant Instructors can:
- Work with local dive centers, on live-aboard dive boats, yachts and at exotic resort locations
- Assist instructors with scuba classes
- Lead certified divers on guided dives
- Conduct local diving orientations
- May be able to teach certain refresher, discovery, non-certification and emergency response courses
This course is open to divers who meet the following requirements:
- Are at least 18 years old
- Are certified as PADI Divemaster or equivalent
- Are certified as PADI Emergency First Response CPR & First Aid (or qualifying training) within the past 24 months
- Logged at least 60 dives; documented experience in night diving, deep diving and underwater navigation
- Certified diver for at least 6 months
- Secured a physician’s approval for diving within the past 12 months, based on the standard Medical History Form
The course consists of the following:
- Extensive self study
- Classroom sessions
- Pool sessions
- Open water training dives
- Participation in entry-level classroom, pool and open water training
- Participation in continuing education courses
Self study takes place in the comfort of your home. Classroom and pool sessions take place here at Squalo Divers. We have our own heated swimming pool. Open water dives take place at one of more than 50 dive sites that we have to offer.
Assistant Instructor classes start at any time. Classroom and pool sessions are scheduled during regular store hours. Open water dives may be scheduled any day of the week. All activities take place by appointment, only.
The course includes:
- All instruction
- Application fees
- Use of air tanks and weights
- Confined and Open Water training facility fees
Students are responsible for supplying all of the equipment items listed below, plus:
- Transportation to and from all dive/training sites
- Food and drinks
The Squalo Divers course allows you to set a special schedule. We will conduct your program sessions in the store during regular store hours.
- Scuba mask, scuba snorkel, scuba fins +
- Wetsuit *+
- Buoyancy Control Device (BCD) *+
- Regulator *+
- Dive computer *+
- Underwater compass *+
- Whistle +
- Delayed signal marker buoy (DSMB) +
- Cutting tool (knife, scissor, etc) +
- Writing slate +
- Gear bag +
- Rashguard (not required but highly recommended) +
- Bathing suit and towel
* Items are available for rent at Squalo Divers.
+ Items are available for purchase at Squalo Divers.