PADI Gas Blender Course
- Participant-Only for Classes Must be at least 18 years old
Mix it up
The PADI Enriched Air Diver course is the most popular diver specialty course and the number of technical divers is on the rise, which means that lots of scuba divers want enriched air and gas blends. The Tec Gas Blender course teaches you to blend enriched air nitrox gases using one or more blending methods. Being the blender is a key job at a PADI Dive Center and your work allows other divers to do what they love to do – scuba dive.
No scuba diving is involved in this course.
During independent study and instructor-led review, you learn:
- About the advantages and disadvantages of different blending methodologies
- To blend enriched air and trimix blends to within one percent of the target mix
- About the potential hazards related to handling oxygen, and how to manage those risks
- To demonstrate the steps for oxygen cleaning equipment, along with the requirements for oxygen service
This course is open to divers who are:
- At least 18 years old
- Certified as a PADI Enriched Air Diver or equivalent
- Able to either answer NO to all questions on the standard Medical History Form or secure a physician’s approval prior to the start of class
This course consists of:
- Self study
- Three practical applications sessions
Self study takes place at the comfort of your home. Practical application sessions takes place right here at Squalo Divers.
Gas Blender classes start at any time. Practical application sessions are done during regular store hours. All activities take place by appointment only.
The course fee includes:
- Educational material
- All instruction
- Certification card processing
Students are responsible for supplying all of the equipment items listed below, plus:
- Transportation to and from the store
- Food and drinks