The philosophy of this course is to focus on enjoying full face mask diving by learning accepted safety practices, potential hazards, problems, techniques and skills in a controlled, supervised environment.
PADI Sidemount Diver Course
- Starting From:
- Participants Must be at least 15 years old
It’s All About the Configuration
Having scuba tanks on your back isn’t a requirement for exploring the underwater world. Many scuba divers have discovered the joy of mounting cylinders on their sides. Sidemount diving gives you flexibility and streamlining options. Plus, you don’t have to walk with heavy cylinders on your back – just enter the water, clip them on and go. Sound interesting?
This course is open to divers who are:
This course consists of:
- Self study
- Classroom and gear setup session
- Pool training dive
- Three open water dives
Along with learning about the many benefits of diving with a sidemount configuration, during one confined water and three open water scuba dives you’ll learn how to:
- Properly assemble and configure sidemount scuba diving equipment
- Trim your weight system and sidemount gear so you’re perfectly balanced in the water
- Manage gas by switching second stages as planned, if wearing two cylinders
- Respond correctly to potential problems when sidemount diving
Self study takes place at the comfort of your home. Classroom and pool activities take place right here at Squalo Divers. We have our own heated swimming pool. Open water dives take place at one of more than 50 dive sites that we have to offer.
PADI Sidemount classes start at any time. Classroom session is done during regular store hours. Open water training dives and pool session are done any day of the week. All activities take place by appointment only.
The course fee includes:
- All instruction
- Pool session
- Three open water training dives
- Use of air tanks and weights
- Certification card processing
Students are responsible for supplying all of the equipment items listed below, plus:
- Transportation to and from all dive/training sites
- Food and drinks
Students are responsible for supplying all of the equipment items listed below:
- Educational material +
- Scuba mask, scuba snorkel and scuba fins +
- Sidemount Buoyancy Control Device (BCD) *+
- Sidemount regulators *+
- Wetsuit *+
- Dive watch or dive computer *+
- Delayed Surface Marker Buoy (DSMB) +
- Cutting tool (knife, scissor, etc) +
- Reel or finger spool +
- Mask defog +
- Silicone mouthpieces +
- Gear bag +
- Rashguard (not required but highly recommended) +
- Bathing suit and towel
*Items are available for rent at Squalo Divers.
+Items are available for purchase at Squalo Divers.