The skills you learn in this course can help make you a better underwater navigator, a more careful observer of aquatic life, and a more confident diver in less-than-ideal conditions.
- Starting From:
- Participants Must be at least 12 years old
Expand Your Adventure
Few things have revolutionized recreational diving in the past decade as much as the introduction of Enriched Air Nitrox (EANx). Nitrox is nothing more than the air you are breathing right now with some additional oxygen added to reduce the concentration of nitrogen.
While the additional oxygen offers no benefit in and of itself (and can, in fact, pose additional risk at depth), breathing less nitrogen provides divers with several benefits.
- You enjoy longer no-decompression limits and shorter surface intervals — especially on repetitive dives.
- You reduce the risk of decompression sickness compared to making the same series of dives using air.
- Further benefits may include improved gas consumption, reduced fatigue and an overall feeling of wellbeing.
- If you own a modern dive computer, odds are it is capable of tracking your exposure to both air and Nitrox. Isn’t it time you started taking advantage of your computer’s capabilities?
Things that you learn as part of this program:
- Enriched Air Nitrox: The advantages and drawbacks
- Equipment for diving EANx
- Using standard dive tables with Nitrox
- Managing oxygen exposure
- Analyzing EANx cylinders
- EANx and diving emergencies
This course is open to divers who are:
This course consists of:
- One classroom session
Self-study takes place at the comfort of your home. Classroom session takes place right here at Squalo Divers.
Enriched Air Diver Specialty classes start at any time. Classroom session is done during regular store hours. All activities take place by appointment only.
The course fee includes:
- Educational material
- All instruction
- Certification card processing
Students are responsible for supplying:
- Transportation to and from the shop
- Food and drinks