Recognize and accept the role of the buddy system and its contributions to diver safety while identifying and developing self-reliance and independence while diving.
PADI Dive Against Debris Course
- Starting From:
- Participants Must be at least 12 years old
Make Every Dive Count!
Do you want to make a difference on every dive but are not sure where to begin? Gain the knowledge and skills to activate your inner citizen scientist by taking the Dive Against Debris® Specialty. Learn to complete Dive Against Debris surveys under the guidance of one of our instructors and help keep your local dive sites healthier by removing trash.
This course is open to divers who are:
This course consists of:
- Self study
- Two open water training dive
Self study takes place at the comfort of your home. Open water dives take place at one of more than 50 dive sites that we have to offer.
Dive Against Debris classes start at any time. Open water training dive is done on any day of the week. All activities take place by appointment only.
The course includes:
- All instruction
- Study Guide (Click here to download the study guide)
- Two open water training dives
- Use of air tanks and weights
- Certification card processing
Students are responsible for supplying all of the equipment items listed below, plus:
- Transportation to and from all dive/training sites
- Food and drinks
Students are responsible for supplying all of the equipment items listed below:
- Scuba mask, scuba snorkel, scuba fins +
- Wetsuit *+
- Buoyancy Control Device (BCD) *+
- Regulator *+
- Dive watch or dive computer *+
- Delayed signal marker buoy (DSMB) +
- Cutting tool (knife, scissor, etc) +
- Silicone mouthpiece +
- Gear bag +
- Bathing suit and towel
* Items are available for rent at Squalo Divers.
+ Items are available for purchase at Squalo Divers.