Wreck diving offers something for underwater explorers of nearly every experience level. In this course, you learn how to protect, preserve and promote understanding.
- Starting From:
- Participants Must be at least 12 years old
Are You Prepared?
Beginning diver courses generally limit emergency skill training to self-rescue and tired diver assists. Why?
- Beginning students lack sufficient knowledge, skill, and experience to truly master complex rescue skills.
- There is simply not enough time in most beginning scuba courses to cover all the rescue and emergency management skills that every diver should have.
This is why the Rescue Diver course provides important follow-on training. It covers:
- Self-rescue and diver stress
- AED and emergency oxygen delivery systems
- Dive first aid
- Swimming and non-swimming rescue techniques
- Emergency management and equipment
- Panicked diver response
- Underwater problem-solving
- Missing diver procedures
- Surfacing the unconscious diver
- In-water rescue breathing protocols
- Egress (exits)
- First aid procedures for pressure-related accidents
- Dive accident scenarios
The Rescue Diver course also helps you meet important prerequisites for the PADI Divemaster Course and other leadership-level courses.
This course is open to divers who are:
- At least 12 years old.
- Certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent.
- Certified as a PADI Emergency First Responder (CPR & First Aid) or equivalent within the last two years.
- Able to either answer NO to all questions on the standard Medical History Form or secure a physician’s approval prior to the start of class.
This course consists of:
- Self study.
- One classroom session.
- Two days of open water training sessions.
Self study takes place at the comfort of your home. Classroom session takes place right here at Squalo Divers. Open water sessions take place at one of more than 50 dive sites that we have to offer.
Rescue diver classes start at any time. Classroom session is done during regular store hours. Open water sessions are done any day of the week. All activities take place by appointment only.
The course includes:
- Educational material.
- All instruction.
- Use of regulator, bcd, tanks and weights.
- Two days of open water training.
- Certification card processing.
Students are responsible for supplying all of the equipment items listed below:
- Scuba mask, scuba snorkel, scuba fins +
- Adequate exposure protection * +
- Dive computer * +
- Underwater compass * +
- Audible surface signal +
- Surface signal (safety tube) +
- Cutting tool +
- Slate +
- Bathing suit and towel
*Items are available for rent at Squalo Divers.
+Items are available for purchase at Squalo Divers.